By.brightwebtv.com/nana asare barimah
Some residents of Tamale, Northern regional capital have claimed that their relatives have died at the Tamale Teaching Hospital as a result of a shortage of oxygen at the facility.
Alhaji Yahaya Kasuli and Abdul Azizu Umar are peeved at the fact that the public health facility had no supply of the vital health product.
Narrating separately to Starr News, Alhaji Kasuli, a known businessman in the city who operates Kasuli Car Rentals said his brother, Alhaji Abubakari Alhassan, suffered a mild stroke and was pronounced dead by officials after the hospital run out of oxygen.
He claimed that a doctor who treated his late brother told him and some relatives that their brother would have lived if the hospital had oxygen
He said his brother was left writhing on his sick bed in the presence of the helpless doctor till he gasped his last breath.
“It got to a point they had to put an oxygen on him for the first day, the second day they repeated the oxygen and on the third day, the doctor said my brother cannot survive without an oxygen; he categorically told me that they don’t have oxygen in the hospital.
“The doctor told us that if he falls down right now and needs to be given oxygen, he would have to die because there is no oxygen,” he narrated
Mr. Umar an unemployed man also told Starr News his six year old son Abdul Raheem Azizu suffered an electric shock and died at the hospital due to the shortage of the vital medicinal substance.