By: brightwebtv.com/nana asare barimah
The National Identification Authority (NIA) hereby announces that it will commence mass registration for the Ghana Card in the Accra West area from 29th April 2019 to 26th May 2019. The registration centres will be opened from 8:00am to 5:00 pm each day (excluding Sunday and Public Holidays).
Registration centers will be set up in the following Municipalities:
1. GA SOUTH – Bortianor, Ngleshie, Amanfro, Weija, Gbawe, Domeabra/Obom
2. GA CENTRAL- Anyaa, Sowutuom
3. GA WEST- Trobu, Amasaman
4. OKAIKOI – South, Central and North.
5. ABLEKUMA – South, Central, West and North.
6. ODODODIODIO – Ashiedu Keteke
This registration is open to only Ghanaians aged 15 years and above and resident in the aforementioned Municipalities and it is FREE OF CHARGE!
All you need to do is turn up at ANY of the registration centers with your;
• Genuine birth certificate or
• Valid Ghana Passport or
• Valid Certificate of acquired citizenship
And your Ghana Post Digital Address Code (Residential, Not Office) without which you will not be allowed to register.
If you do not have any of these Mandatory Documents, a relative issued with a Ghana Card can vouch for you under oath, or two (2) members of the community who have been issued with a Ghana Card and fall in the category listed below can also vouch for you under oath:
• A practicing or retired professional teacher (including Principals, Headmasters and Head teachers)
• A Gazetted Chief
• A serving or retired Magistrate or Judge
• A licensed Professional, including a Medical Doctor, a Nurse, a Lawyer, an Accountant, an Engineer and an Architect
• A serving or retired Civil Servant
• A serving or retired Public Servant
• A serving or retired Clergyman
• A serving or retired Imam
• A serving or retired Catechist
• A serving or retired member of the Security Services, including the Ghana Police Service, the Ghana Armed Forces, the Ghana Prisons Service, the Ghana Immigration Service, the Ghana National Fire Service, the Bureau of National Investigations, Customs, Excise and Preventive Service of the Ghana Revenue Authority and National Security
• A current or past Member of Parliament
• A current or past Assemblyman
• A current or past Member of a Unit Committee
You are also required to present to the registration official state identity documents or ID cards in your possession, such as Drivers licence, Voter ID card, National Health Insurance card, SSNIT Biometric card, Passport and Tax Identification Number (TIN).
These documents are NOT the mandatory documents which establish eligibility to register for Ghana Card. However, to ensure effective data harmonization and integration with other state institutions, the NIA will scan and keep electronic copies of these documents and return them to you.
It is important to note that presenting false documents and information for registration is an offense punishable by law. Falsely vouching for someone who is not a Ghanaian or a person you do not know, is also an offense punishable by law.
Source:brightwebtv.com/nana asare barimah